C++ Software Engineer for Speech Platform (all genders) in Daimler - Berlin
Worum geht es?
MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future. How?
We are building a new generation of infotainment platform that is reusable and hardware agnostic, as well as its implementation into our actual car lines. We are building the very interface that future drivers will engage with when they sit in their car, plan their journey or choose what music to listen to.
We would like to extend our current team with enthusiastic, friendly and driven individuals to help build this state of the art software that pushes our innovation further.
We are doing this in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe, as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG that has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from point A to point B, for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 200 Employees, we are looking to integrate people who value quality, creativity and teamwork as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics that include: navigation, infotainment systems, location-based services, user experience and user interaction. And we need YOU to help us, in shaping the future!
About the role
As member of the Embedded Speech Team, you will enable speech assistant technologies in the in-vehicle infotainment platform. As a Software Engineer in an agile team, you will develop features as well as design, document, implement, integrate and test your code. Development will typically be C++ focused and make use of modern tools, technologies, engineering practices and methodologies.
• Experience with modern C++
• Embedded Linux knowledge
• Experience with version control (preferably Git)
• Experience with CMake
• Experience in unit testing and CI/CD
Nice to have:
• Experience with Yocto
• Familiar with Python
• Knowledge of cloud technologies
• Experience with IPC/RPC frameworks
• Familiarity with Golang (Go)
• Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
• Experience with speech dialog systems
• Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues
• Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
• Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
• Aspiration to engineering excellence
Proficient in English. German is a plus