Sr. Java Developer (IoT data platform) (m/f/x) in evertrace - Berlin
Worum geht es?
Powered by Berlin-based company builder Next Big Thing AG, Evertrace GmbH is a new startup at the intersection of supply chain and cutting-edge tech (blockchain & IoT). Our vision is to eliminate frustrating information silos and time-consuming, manual work during supply chain management; instead, we’re creating a simple and safe way to exchange data in real-time between involved parties. By providing a single platform for all participants of the logistics process - cargo owners, freight forwarders, brokers, insurers - Evertrace enables accessible data & real-time documentation.
Evertrace is seeking an experienced Java Developer to build the next generation supply chain product. In this role, you will work in an agile team and collaborate on the design, development and optimization of our platform. As one of the first employees of an IoT/Blockchain based supply-chain venture, you will have the opportunity to influence and shape processes. You’ll witness fast growth and co-write Evertrace’s success story, as well as your own.
Join our team to build a product that makes a huge difference to industry players!
- Design and develop our high-volume, low-latency innovative IoT platform for the supply chain, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle (requirements management with stakeholders, architecture, implementation, test automation, operation, and monitoring)
- Write well-designed and testable software components
- Prepare, produce and support software releases
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies, and presenting these for architectural review
Some technologies you will be working with:
- Java 9, Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- Restful API and microservices
- Akka/Reactor or similar, Kafka
- RDBMS, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Data processing stack (like Hadoop/Sparks/Storm)
- AI, Machine learning
- Docker, Kubernetes
- 5+ years of hands-on Java experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Proven record of successfully building and optimizing scalable, cost-effective and high performing solutions
- Real-world project experience with real-time data ingestion and processing is a must.
- A deep interest in Blockchain & IoT technologies and data analytics & AI/Machine learning frameworks (experience is a big bonus)
- Experience with event-driven/reactive programming
- Experience in working on back-end integration with relational databases and NoSQL database (like Cassandra)
- Experience working with microservices and API
- Experience with cloud deployment and agile environments
- Knowledge and a great interest for secure development
- A strong sense of responsibility for the product quality and a goal-oriented working style
- A true team-player who enjoys contributing to the overall company success
- Fluency in English (German is not mandatory)
A sweet deal
- Full-time unlimited contract
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- Access to Factory Community events: lectures, social events, networking, great restaurant and café, and a ball-pit!
Work with the best
- Join an agile, cross-functional, dedicated team
- Take responsibility for your projects. No micromanagement.
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 20+ countries
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
Relocation & EU work visa
We offer relocation assistance for this position regarding paperwork, visa and first steps in Germany.